Followers

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Oriental Corner in Fall

Hello folks. We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #181 

Theme ' Autumn/Fall'  

The sponsor for this fantastic challenge will be StitchyBear Digi Outlet with $9 to spend in our store. You can still enter with a none StitchyBear Digi Outlet image but will be entered into a separate draw to win $3 to spend in our store.

For this project I used the digi Oriental Flower Corner Set by Teri of Delicious Doodles which is available from the the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. I only used one corner on the card but to make up for that <g> I made a wee box to hold the cold enameled pendant which I had made to go with the card.

First I cut a card blank for the front of the card and then cut the diagonal window out of it.  Next I used gold net material and using spray adhesive attached that to the front base of the card. Next I printed the digi and coloured with ProMarkers.  After fussy cutting and laying on the card I felt it was a bit flat so I used Glossy Mod Podge to add a shiny layer. For the leaves which I layered over the window I used one of the leaves from the die set 'Tropical Leaves' form Cherry Lyn.  Initially I had intended to use embossing powders on each of the leaves in gold, copper and a mixture of the two but I was so impressed with the die and the embossing that I decided it would be a shame to cover the veins up with the embossing powders.  The leaves were attached with glue dots to the sides of the window and in the places they overlapped.  A simple peel off sticker sentiment was added to the bottom right corner.  To assemble the card I used foam tape around the edges and place the front decorated mount on top to give a lovely 3D effect.  The last bit to be done was to create an insert (and I have forgotten to take a pic of that - silly me), which carried the colours from the front decorated areas of the card in a simple graduated and bordered square and attached another of the die cut leaves in chocolate brown to the bottom corner.

I got some enameling powders a wee while ago and have been itching to use them but had no time so I thought I would give it a go and make a pendant to go with the card.  I used a domed copper blank and applied the first layer of enamelling powder and placed in the mini kiln to set.  When the enamel had melted I removed it, let it cool, then added a decorative layer and some Millefiori Glass Flower  Beads and a couple of gold coloured crystal gems.  A final sprinkling of gold and copper enameling powder and back in the kiln for it all to set.  I made a copper split ring and then added a leather thong instead of a silver chain - more in keeping with the rustic look.

Now you can't have a card and pendant to go with it without a box :)  For the box I used my Walnut ProMarkers to colour the inside and outside.  Next I created a mini wrapper using the Delicious Doodles digi which I coloured in the same colours as I used for the card.  There was a spare leaf left from when I prepared the ones for the card so I attached this to the top of the box with a blob of silicone glue so I could angle it.  Three heart gems were added to the front of the box and some braid in brown  and orange was attached to the rim of the lid.  The box was finished off with a couple of coats of Glossy Mod Podge for added strength.

Think that just about sums up what I did <g>

Ingredients:-

Card
  • Brown ribbed card from Paper Mill
  • Digi -  Oriental Flower Corner Set by Teri of Delicious Doodles
  • Die - 'Tropical Leaves' form Cherry Lyn
  • ProMarkers - Walnut, Terracotta, Spice, Burnt Orange, Pastel Yellow, Mustard, Gold, Metallic Copper and Gold and Blender
  • Other bits from my stash
Pendant
  • Copper Blank
  • Efcolor Cold Enamel powders - Sand, Brown, Copper, Gold
  • Millefiori Glass Flower  Beads
  • Gold crystal gems
Box
  • Ready made cardboard box
  • Digi -  Oriental Flower Corner Set by Teri of Delicious Doodles
  • Walnut ProMarker
  • Die - 'Tropical Leaves' form Cherry Lyn
  • Braid, silicone, gems, Mod Podge from my stash
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:-











15 comments:

  1. Don't get excited this is a test comment post - just had a weird message before loosing my original comment Grrrrrrrrr xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about above comment sweatheart - all seems OK now ... I hope :-)

    This card, gift box and pendant set is absolutely gorgeous and utterly, utterly amazing. I love how the digi stamp and the die-cut leaves work so perfectly together in both shape and form. Thanks to the diagonal cut window covered with net, you have created such a lightness that I can just see the Autumn leaves blowing around in the gales we are expecting in the UK this weekend. Had our leaves fallen from the trees I would be outside enjoying the natural element of your card. Never mind, I'll wear that gorgeous pendant instead, so beautifully presented in the coordinated gift box instead :-) The dark brown shows the incredibly vibrant Autum leaves off spectacularly and some lady is going to feel so loved when she receives this wonderful, and very thoughtful, gift set. Love you loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful project. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are gorgeous - such rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! This is a fantastic project! Just lovely and perfect for the Autumn theme!

    Your fellow stitchy angel,

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi mimi, what a fab set. thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy, hope to see you again. good luck. Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is wonderful Mimi - thanks so much for joining us at WD this week and god luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all the different leaves - so autumn, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,beautiful design and lovely card.
    Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! This is such a gorgeous design....the leaves are all so pretty and I love how you used the colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an amazing card! I love the colors and the design and those leaves are so unique looking! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely project - very artistic. Thanks for sharing.

    kathy b
    Aud Sentiments DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic creation love all the leaves very autumnal. Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.
    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an incredible card with great details!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi