Followers

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tic Tac Toe - KatPhish

Time for another challenge over at

Tic Tac Toe

OOOOO exciting stuff, I love a Tic Tac Toe challenge, not just thinking how to use a digi in a creation but also to incorporate the other elements :) Here is the Tic Tac Toe grid which you need to follow to enter the IKE'sWORLD challenge this week.


The line I am following is:- Stitching Faux or Real, Lace and Brads

I was in IKEA the other day and had, what might be a bright idea or maybe not, but certainly worth a try.  A clock was on the agenda but it had to be one that the hands were not to close to the surface of the clock face so I could decorate it.  Brilliant, they had the perfect clock for what I wanted.  For the project I first removed the hands -


Don't you just love it when what might be a problem turns out to be easy peasy.  I needed to work within the inner circle of this clock and thankfully one of the Spellbinder Grand Circles was just the same size saving me a lot of messing about.   First I coloured the digi digitally to look like a particular cat I know as this clock is for a very special person (I know you will know who you are when you see this - just sorry it won't be a surprise <g>).  Here is a photo of Leo, the cat I used to guide me in the colouring.


It is not often I have my wee camera with me when creating, often not much point as I get so carried away I forget to take the pics.  Today I made a mega effort to show you the process of this creation.   I printed the text I wanted and placed the coloured digi on the white card and used the die to cut this circle,  an acetate circle and the lace circle. So here we are with the circles cut out, the lace one was also cut with the die (not easy but I used sellotape  all over one side to stop it moving and stretching in the die and it worked). I also cut a second copy of the coloured digi which I fussy cut and will be placed on top of the lace layer.


I arranged the layers temporarily as now was the time for any corrections if sizing etc. were wrong.


All looking good so next was to colour the fish.  I used Promarkes first then added some gold and silver guilding.  The next layer on was the acetate and to hold that in place I added some brads my sister had given me a while back which are pussy cat related.  They are not showing up very well but three are shaped like fish showing their bones, another says 'treats' and the last one says 'furry friends'.  

The topper was trimmed and attached to the centre of the clock with double sided tape.  Using my black Promarker I created Faux stitching in the groove just beyond the inner circle.  Once everything was completed I put the hands back and here we have the finished clock :) :) :)


Ingredients:-
  • Digi - KatPhish available from IKEsART
  • Clock from IKEA
  • Promarkers
  • Lace, brads and acetate from my stash
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

12 comments:

  1. That is just mind-blowingly BRILLIANT.!!! Great colouring on the cat and that lace cut circle is genius !!! AWESOME creation !! :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Treasure, I wish you were sitting here with me as I enjoy this post ....well actually I can tell you that the tears are pouring down my face. This Leo clock is the most wonderful clock I've ever seen and I'm so moved that you chose to create such a unique and special project for me. I've already worked out where and how to display it. :-)

    Sweetheart, how personal is this clock ..... you've created Leo's colouring perfectly .... Leo is a cat who loves his food and I've regularly lost pieces of fish from my plate when Leo decides to have a quick swipe, and you've also included the lace and stitching that feature so much in my creative passions. Oh Treasure, I can't even begin to let you know how much pleasure I will have with this incredibly special clock. Thank you is such a little word but comes from the depth of my heart.

    I'm feeling totally overwhelmed and excited and awed all at the same time. xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love your clock and thank you for laying it out on how you made this awesome creation! I had no idea you could get IKEA where you live??? Now that's crazy! And your big fluffy grey cat is cute!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwww I am so impressed, this is so gorgeous, I am a cat lover and seeing this I am blown away, what a fab idea, thanks for sharing it at Cards und More and good luck, hugs, Marion (PS wish I would be the lucky one to recieve this fab gift), please take a look at your challenges, you may combine the Cards und More challenge with 4 others otherwise you will alas not be eligable for a prize or a top 3 and that would be a shame I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great project, and well done, Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It for our Domestic Animals Challenge.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! I can't tell you how much I ADORE this project! BRILLIANT! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project Thanks for sharing at Speedy TV MFP................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing creation... I'm a cat lover too...simply perfect... Thank you so much for joining us at Craft my Life challenge... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute project. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a project! So creative and such a statement.Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It this week. We hope to see you again soon. All the best Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi