Followers

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Special Request


This card was a Special Request in a couple of ways.  A friend of mine as me to make an Engagement card for her son and soon to be daughter in law <g>.  

First I used a couple of images of the couple, alas they were very small digital versions which made the artwork I wanted to create a bit hard.  I started with the two images and played around with them in Photoshop, finally using the Stamp filter to create very bold idea I wanted.
Next I brought the images into Illustrator, got them positioned as I wanted them, did a few other bits and bobs then printed on an mustard/gold paper.
Out with a card blank in black which I then covered the front of with gold coloured lace.
The different sections of the card topper were cut with Cherry Lyn Heart to Heart Doily dies, in the gold/mustard again and in black.  Now it was ready for layering.
Not to much in the way of embellishments for this card, I really did not think it needed much more that a bit of ribbon and an engagement peel off sticker sentiment.  I used gold organza and gold ribbon which I layered together.  Then I made the bow to match using the gold organza.
Ready to put it all together now :)
I also decorated the inside to match
And here we have the finished card.  The base of the heart was attached to the card then the centre heart with the image was mounted with foam tape for a bit of dimension.  Ribbons were put in place and I added a few Bisque Liquid Pears for a bit of fun :)
Ingredients:

  • Back card
  • Digi by me
  • Dies -Cherry Lyn Heart to Heart Doily dies, Spellbinders Grand Labels 1
  • Lace, ribbon, sentiment sticker and Liquid Pearls
I am entering this card in the following challenges:_

7 comments:

  1. How super....fab idea and so well done and documented.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and very creative card! I'm sure your friend will love giving this to her son and future DIL. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ March Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant, I'm sure they'll love it x
    Thank you for joining our challenge (Through the Purple Haze) Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. All I can say is that you are seriously talented. This is a masterpiece. Thank you for joining TTPH this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Thanks for joining in with Crafting from the Heart this week. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just having a flick back through your posts. This is fabulous - so clever!! They must have been thrilled to bits!! Just to let you know, i ma having problems trying to join some sites and I have tried yours a coiuple of times. I'll keep on checking back. I am not the only one having this problem with Blogger at the moment. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi