Followers

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ringing In Spring

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with a digi from Sweet Pea Stamps.  For this creation I have used the digi 'Jade'  by Meredith Dillman and designed a card for this months challenge - Ringing In Spring over at Sweet Pea Stamps, why not pop on over and join in.

For this card I first created my backing paper in Photoshop.  Some time ago I bought some beautiful vellum with a  pansy design all over it, so full of colour.  It was one of those things I bought purely because I fell in love with it.  Now that was about 5 years ago LOL and I have been so mean when using it, a little bit here and a little bit there.  When planning this card I had in mind to use the pansy vellum and that was OK but when I went to get it out the drawer I found I had used more than I thought, only two bits left and neither big enough to back the card.  So only one thing for it, get my mums photos and find some pansies and make my own dp.
 Next I printed the digi.  I did not want a white background so thought I would try something new.  Out with the watercolour pencils to create a shaded background.  Must admit I am rather pleased with the outcome so this is something I will be doing again <g>
 Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers, as you can see I used rather a lot of colours.
 Once the digi was coloured I place one of the smaller Spellbinder Grand Scallop Ovals and cut the area I wanted.  I finished off the digi with some liquid pearls on her hair and the necklace she is holding then added a few drops of Ice Stickles.
Now to create some of the other elements.  A quick bit this time, plain purple card and a Crafts Too embossing folder.
 Next I printed my sentiment, sorted some lace for the card and ribbon then remembered I had a rather nice feather butterflies so got that out too.  Now to assemble.
 And here we have the finished card :) with, what I think, is a perfect piece of text from Percy Shelly - The Sensitive Plant.

Thank you for stopping by :)
Ingredients:-
  • Digi - 'Jade'  by Meredith Dillman
  • DP by me
  • Promarkers
  • Spellbinders Grand Scallop Ovals
  • Embossing folder - Crafts Too
  • Butterfly, ribbon and lace from my stash.
Challenges entered

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful verse to compliment such a sensitive and delicately beautiful card Treasure. I love the way you have coloured Jade in the gorgeous colours of Mum's pansies. Actually, the dp you have created is something very special. Oh, the softness of Jade's background is so gentle and takes me directly to the genteel serenity of a Japanese tea ceremony. The soft watercolour shading removes all the starkness of a white background without detracting from the beautiful image herself. I look forward to seeing you use this technique in the future. Ribbons, pearls and lace ....just perfect and (despite being feathers) your butterfly is such a lovely finishing touch.

    A very beautiful card treasure . Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring and a gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So FABULOUS - I really LUV your creations MiMi xx

    Hug
    IKE x


    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is absolutly stunning
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday this time
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi