Followers

Monday, April 14, 2014

SPS Variation Week - Easter Blessing by Katerina Koukiotis

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with another creation for  Sweet Pea Stamps.  This week is Variation Week and the team are working with the digi Easter Blessing by Katerina Koukiotis.  This image shouted vintage to me and I fancied going with a monochromatic theme too, trying to capture and aged appearance.  Not sure I managed what I was trying to do lol.

I started by printing the digi and colouring with Promarkers,  I then used a brown stamping pad around the edges after I had die cut the digi with Spellbinders Grand Labels 1.
 After spending ages trying to find the right backing paper and not winning I decided to make my own.  First I stamped with the same brown ink I edged the digi cut out with.
 Next I de-bossed the paper with an Embossilicious folder and air brushed with Promarker Walnut to tone the yellow cream paper I had used and bring it more in line with the colours I had used to colour the digi.
The brown base mount was a bit plain so I covered it with copper/bronze angle hair then it was time to hunt out some lace and then ready to assemble.
 The card needed something else and after thinking about flowers etc. I settled for a Marianne die - Branch 2.  I stuck the same copper/bronze angel hair I had used for the base mount and the same card together then cut.  And here we have the finished card.

Thank you for stopping by :)

Ingredients
  • Digi Easter Blessing by Katerina KoukiotisChallenges available from Sweet Pea Stamps
  • rose rubber stamp but I can't remember the company - it was part of a collection on a large sheet.
  • Die - Marianne Design Craftables - Branch2 and Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Grand Labels 1
  • Promarkers
  • Clear embossing  powder
  • Brown stamping ink
Challenges Entered:-

19 comments:

  1. OMGosh - truly breathtaking !! It's delightful :-D

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh Treasure what an very nostalgic and sensitive card .......I love the sepia shades that you have used to retain a vintage feel to this card. The little lady in your wonderful image, is certainly communing with Nature and your backing paper and die cut flourish carry the theme of Nature through this card so beautifully.

    What a lot of lovely texture you have incorporated with your debossed backing paper and the angel hair. The latter is so subtle but adds incredible impact .....especially on the die cut leaves. Anything vintage benefits from a touch of lace and we've got that to enjoy too.

    Oh, this is such a pretty card. Love Ingrid xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    a very nice card
    Thank you that you join in the Fairytale Stampers
    hugs
    manu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning!! Love the background paper you created and that beautiful image that's colored to perfection. So very lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven this week!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and gorgeous card..
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful,pretty and gorgeous card! Love the colors! Thanks for joining my challenge over at it's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. das motiv ist ja zucker lieb und die koloration gefällt mir.
    alle elemente blumen-die und spitzen sind gegeben.

    lieben dank für deine teilnahme bei den fairytale stampers.

    glg meggi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, thanks for letting us see how you did it, love the colouring and the details, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox,blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow I love this. The monochrome look is fab and I love the background too
    Thanks for sharing with us at a gem of a challenge
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. I love how you colored it, I've never seen anyone do that before. Love it! :D
    Deborah (OSAAT DT Sis)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Das ist ja ganz bezaubernd geworden
    Hab lieben Dank für Deine Teilnahme den Fairytale Stampers
    Grüßle Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Mimi! I love it! Great image, fabulous coloring and love your DP.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at The Squirrel and The Fox. I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also.

    Hope to see you again next challenge. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous ! Beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining Vintage and Beauty -challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really wonderful monochromatic card!
    Great coloring and interesting tutorial!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Fairytale Stampers!
    Good luck :-)

    xx Karola xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo ,
    wow what a nice card ,
    thanks for joining us at fairytalestampers.

    hugs anne2411

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for joining us at crafty calendar - our new challenge starts this Saturday! Hope to see you back - Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at fairytale stampers.
    hugs
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous. Every aspect fits together so well and your coloring is spectacular. Thanks for joining us at Miriam's Crafting Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi