Followers

Monday, December 8, 2014

SPS - Blog Hop

Good day gorgeous peeps.  Just something a little different today :) :) :) Sweet Pea Stamps are having a Blog Hop where we have all created something Christmassy but without using a Christmas image - quite a hard task and great to get the old grey matter working lol.

For my creation I have used 'Dream of Iris' by Ching Chou Kuik available in both rubber and digi.  I just love this image.  I know the Iris flower is not related to Christmas in any way but the dreamy expression on this lady's face just made me think of all the kids dreaming about what goodies would be wrapped under the Christmas tree.


I am in Kenya at the moment visiting friends and a long way from my craft room.  I knew I would be itching to make something so packed a small box to bring with me to hold what I thought would be essential items lol so I thought I would share with you my mobile craft room :) :) :)
Right back to the card - here is a close up of the coloured image, I used Faber Castle Polychromos crayons.
Before coming to Kenya I did do a search for craft superstores - well you never know :)  When I lived here 30 years ago there was no such thing but to my surprise I found one this time.  Not a big shop by any means but they had a few rubber stamps and other bits and bobs and some lovely paper from Thailand which I treated myself to.  Two of the sheets have been used in this creation.
 After fussy cutting the digi (an not having any foam pads to mount it with in my box) I made small pegs from spiralled strips of paper - that worked just fine.
 Next, using a coffee jar lid and a jam jar lid for templates I drew two circles and mounted them together to make my tag.  I added some wee flowers I brought with me and the pearls in the centres of each flower have been coloured with my gold pen lol.
And here we have the finished creation.  I used some of the leaves from one of the papers and cut them out to make my sudo die cuts, added some black lace from my mobile craft room

We hope you will join in with our blog hop :) and if you would like to try out Sweet Pea Stamp images we have a discount coupon for you too :)


Please visit each of our talented team members' blogs and leave a little love - a comment on every hop post will enter you into a drawing for a $20 gift code to the Sweet Pea Stamps store! As an added bit of fun share the hop on Facebook tagging Sweet Pea Stamps for a chance for a $10 gift code to the Sweet Pea Stamps store! Winners will be chosen around the first of next week.

Sweet Pea Stamps blog http://sweetpearubberstamps.blogspot.com/
Ria http://dragonmagicscrapkaarten.blogspot.nl/
Suzi http://www.suzannebakermckenzie.blogspot.com
Holley http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com
Aletha http://ajsdesigns.blogspot.com/
Tera http://stampqueen.blogspot.com
Milo http://milolilja.net
Denise  http://thruthelookingglass-glassgraffitix2.blogspot.com/
Sande http://sandensupinat.blogspot.fi
Jane http://craftyanimal.blogspot.com    (you are here)
Nataliya http://lovecraftsforever.blogspot.com

Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a great day.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

18 comments:

  1. Your card is AWesome - absolutely gorgeous! Such a stunning image, she and the Iris are so pretty against the beautiful background you created with the black and golds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card - and great idea with paper pegs :D, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything you did with this card to make it into a Christmas card!! So gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your project is truly magical! Great work for the blog hop! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning card. I love the colors you used to make this into a great Christmas card. Love the image. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous looking great on the black background, love it. Thanks for sharing with us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really eye candy! It's a stand out beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty Jane, love the gold on this. Your card is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane your card is beautifully crafted. The stamp you chose looks lovely decorated for Christmas. Thanks for the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative Jane about the foam lol. Awesome idea to remember. Gorgeous papers too.
    DT Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors. Very creative. The papers are great. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mimi, what a beautiful card you have made for the Sweet Pea Stamps Blog Hop using one of Ching-Chou Kuik's images. It’s lovely to take part in the Blog Hop and see such a variety of creations. Wishing you a happy Christmas and all the very best for 2015, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo beautiful! Love how you have turned a non Christmas image into Christmas time!

    Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooow…. Such a sweet project. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning! I love all those golden elements and the background DP is gorgeous! I think you've done a great job turning a non-Christmas image into perfect Christmas card. Thank you for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

    Hanne, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and I often use non christmas papers for christmas cards so why not an image. Love it.
    Thanks for joining our first challenge at Noor!DesignUK.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi