Followers

Monday, May 18, 2015

Aphrodites


Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Aphrodites by Gabriella Szabo which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in both rubber and digi.

This week I have decided on another candle, this image just shouted at me that it was the right proportions :)

To begin created the background and then placed the image without the white background.  This was then printed on tissue paper and coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils.

 Once coloured I then mixed some Pearl Ex powders with very watery PVA glue and painted this on the wings and the light spots.  I had a wee bit left over so also added some to the petals on the roses.  If you would like to see how I decorate my candles I have a tutorial - click here to view.

Here you can see the two side views of the candles.
 Front view of candle

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Aphrodites by Gabriella Szabo
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos pencils
  • From my Stash - Candle varnish, Pearl Ex, gold wax strip, tissue paper
I am entering into the following challenges:-

Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx


21 comments:

  1. Your work is stunning. I cannot image the challenge of coloring onto the ultra thin and fragile medium of tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful candle, and I am impressed of printing on the tissue paper, I fail at that every time...a gorgeous project...thank you for joining us at "Fussy and Fancy" for our color challenge!
    Diane FAF DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created such a beautiful candle using that gorgeous image which you have coloured so beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
    Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

    Lady Anne Milnes-Howard of Glencairn, Caithness Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your candle, Mimi. That image is perfect for this project, and I love how you described all the steps toward your finished project. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the fabulous technique, the beautiful colors, and the wonderful way you used the image! Thank for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous candle, such a beautiful image. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful candle. Thank you for joining our challenge at Creative Corner. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love your candles. Thank you so much for the tutorial. I will have to try my hand at this.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite an amazing candle, so gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! so beautiful work. Love it, Love it. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely, thank you for joining our challenge this time at Digi Choosday
    x~KateE~x DC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous candle.Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this month
    hugs
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another AMAZING candle, I love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is amazing! The image is beautiful, but your technique really makes it pop! Fabulous candle! Thanks so much for joining us for the Great Impressions challenge! I hope you share with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This gorgeous, I'm going to check out your tutorial I want to learn how to do this! What a great idea and practical too! Thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei, our challenge posted and that was in error but I'm glad that you liked it and participated. We will be returning in September, I hope you keep up with us and come back for more challenges again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous! I love it! Thanks for joining in our Flowers challenge at Crafting By Designs. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, how fabulous!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you come back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi