Followers

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Nicole

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 76
REMEMBRANCE / MILITARY TRIBUTE

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

A while ago I bought the most gorgeous poppy die (Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Finishing Touches Collection - Exquisite Poppy Die Set) which I have been itching to use and here I have had the perfect chance :).

Ike has been a real superstar here as I wanted to make this card for my youngest daughter, Nicole, who is in the British Army.  Most of the image I see around for Remembrance are American themed as in the dress code which would not work this time so I asked Ike if she would draw my daughter in her British military uniform from a photo I have of her taken on the day she completed her Phase 2 training and became a fully fledged army girl.  My daughter is the one on the right :).  For the image I asked Ike to have Nicole saluting.

It only took a day or two and Ike got back to me with a wonderful image, very casual with a pose that in the real military world would be totally unacceptable and probably lead to a real ticking off with the big boys.  Ike, I think was worried it was overly casual but I would not let her change it, the image had the Ike feel through and through and no disrespect is intended in any shape or form.  If anybody is offended I apologise.




I coloured the image with Promarkers and Polychromos then attempted a field of poppies as the background using Pan Pastels.  Next the image was fussy cut and placed on the background.  The poppy sections were die cut and then each petal edged in black, the centre of each poppy was finished off with a black half pearl bead.  The leaves and text were also die cuts.

Ingredients:-
  • image - Nicole by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers, Polychromos and Pan Pastels
  • dies - Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Finishing Touches Collection - Exquisite Poppy Die Set, Sizzix - 657939, Spellbinders - Victorian Medallion 3, Crafts Too Leaf Flourish, X Cut - Alphabet 
  • from my stash - black pearls, Memento Ink 
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me again -
      I read everything -
      this is great! Congratulations to you two or three / + Nicole /.
      This is the best card I've ever seen.
      I'm proud that I met you, although it's in cyberspace.

      Good luck!

      Delete
  2. OMGoodness - it is soooo super beautiful and I just adore those poppies. I so wish I had that die set. ! I think Nicole is going to love this card. It's stunning.
    Thank you so much for having this on show at IWC :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and a great tribute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi